Every lover of Asian food should try this easy Tom Yum soup recipe for the traditional Thai spicy and sour soup with king prawns and kaffir leaves
- Ginger 1 piece, fresh, approx. 3 cm, finely chopped
- Galangal 1 piece, fresh, approx. 3 cm, finely chopped
- Chili pepper 4 each, dried
- Garlic 2 cloves, halved
- Sesame oil 30 ml
- Kaffir lime 4 leaves
- Lemongrass 1 stick, halved lengthways
- Fish sauce As needed
- Kaffir lime juice As needed
- King prawn 12 each, peeled, entrails removed
- Herbs Fresh, to garnish, e. g. coriander, Thai basil
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
Fry the ginger and galangal (1 tbsp set aside), the prawn shells, 2 chili peppers and the garlic in hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
Quench with 800 ml water.
Add the lime leaves and the lemongrass and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
Sieve and season with fish sauce and lime juice.
Add the prawns, the remaining ginger and chili peppers and cook on a low heat for around 3 minutes.
Serve garnished with fresh herbs.