Are you wondering what to do with extra lemons you have laying around? Besides making lemonade and venturing to preserve them, lemons are mighty helpful out of the kitchen. Here's list of 10 things you probably didn't know you could do with lemons.
- Make furniture polish by mixing 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice with 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Get rid of foul odors in your fridge by soaking a sponge in lemon juice and placing it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Repell insects by spraying fresh lemon juice on entrances and windowsills.
- Shine pots and pans with a paste made of baking soda and lemon juice.
- Naturally bleach your whites by soaking them in lemon juice and baking soda for 30 minutes prior to washing.
- Get clear skin by washing it with lemon juice at night and rinsing it with cool water upon rising.
- Massage dry skin with a mix of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Remove warts by spreading lemon juice on them daily until they banish.
- Drink warm water with a squeeze of lemon before breakfast to relieve constipation.
- Get rid of dandruff by rinsing hair with two tablespoons of lemon juice in two cups of water post shampoo.